A Big Thanks for Your Tote Bag Sewing Help

Tuesday, October 16, 2012


I am so overwhelmed by the positive responses and promises of help I've gotten for the Giving Bag collection. Thank you to all who are sewing, embroidering, and collecting out there! My goal is to collect 200 tote bags for The Giving Heart charity in Richmond, Virginia and I've already received my first few in the mail! Thank you! The bags pictured above are ones I made of duck cloth canvas and are waiting for children to decorate them!

If you are interested in donating, go here to find out more. Here are a couple of the mentions I've found around town! (If you've blogged about this donation drive, send me a note at abbieipark(at)gmail(dot)com.  I'd love to hear from you!)




stitch&send
Mollie Johansen - Wild Olive and new patterns here too!

The Choate Family Blog posted great pictures of the girls sewing!



Leslie - Leslie's Art and Sew

Make and give to others more than you yourself would like to receive.

3 comments:

Leslie Andersen said...

Thanks for showing off my tote bags here, Abbie! I know they are somewhat gigantic, but I'm sure a range of sizes will be useful. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the bags that readers send to you.

shellyrhds said...

I just found out about this! What is the deadline that you need to receive totes by? I may be able to whip out a few, but I need to know end date please!! Thanks so much, and by the way, you have a beautiful blog, and wonderful posts!

Simone de Klerk said...

I can't wait to hear how many bags you were eventually been able to send!
So many lovely helpful hands. So hear warming!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © Abbie Giving 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.